Last week I stayed with a friend at Budapest Budget Hostel and we really liked it because of its convenient location close to many attractions, nice design and cozy rooms, cleanliness and overall its nice and friendly atmosphere.
Let me share with you how to get there, the hostel design and rooms, all the advantages that the hostel offers, and some recommendations on what you should do when you visit the beautiful city of Budapest.
The hostel in conveniently located in the city center on Ipar utca 15-21.
From the airport:
Take bus 200E until its final destination, Kőbanya-Kispest. Take the blue metro line until Corvin negyed. Change to trams 4 or 6, travel 2 stops and get off at Mester utca. Go along the street Mester utca. After a 5 minute walk on the right-hand side you'll bump into Ipar utca.
From Train Station Nyugati:
Take trams 4 or 6 and get off at Mester utca. Go along the street Mester utca. After a 5 minute walk on the right-hand side you'll bump into Ipar utca.
2. The Hostel
On the outside the hostel looks like a classic building in the center of Budapest, but when you get inside you'll see that it's combined with new and cool designs.
Reception & Activities
In the reception you'll always find friendly staff who will be willing to help you in anything. For us it was particularly important that the hostel counted with 24 hrs. reception because we arrived super late (around 2 a.m.) but the receptionist received us and showed us our room.
Also, in the reception as well as in all the hostel you'll be able to find information with tours and activities that you can do during your stay. You have for example:
- Caving under Budapest: 3-4 hours discovering Budapest Caves
- Pub Crawl: 1 hour open bar, more than five cool ruin bars and clubs, free shots, drinking games, VIP club entry and of course personal tour guide.
- SPArty: during the summer nights you can keep partying while you are in a bath.
- Széchenyi Bath: this bath is the most well-known in Hungary. People all over Europe come here just to relax and swim a few laps
- Shipwreched Party Boat: while cruising on the Danube you’ll receive unlimited beer, wine, champagne and soft drinks to end celebrating in a nightclub.
You can find more information about these and more programs HERE.
I loved that the hostel has a wide variety of rooms from which you can choose depending on your budget. There are Ensuites, Private Rooms with shared bathroom and Dorms. The following is an Ensuite:
The hostel is a quiet and peaceful place to relax but you will also have common kitchens on each floor and also a sunny terrace with view over a nice peaceful green area that provide great possibilities to make friends with fellow travelers.
There's a wide list of advantages free of charge:
- 24-hour reception service
- Magnetic-chip keys that allow you a maximum freedom of coming and going
- Free Wi-Fi in all areas of the hostel
- Several guest computers for your use (free of charge)
- Fully equipped kitchens on all floors
- A coffee machine
- Safe and luggage room at the reception.
- Free Budapest guides and maps
- Printing at the reception (up to 5 pages)
- Sheets and bed linen are provided
For more information and to make a reservation, you can contact Budapest Budget Hostel here:
Budapest is a beautiful city with a lot of touristic places you can visit. And staying at the Budapest Budget Hostel you'll be on a walking distance to several attractions. After you have visited the closer ones, then you can take the tram or the buses to visit the ones that are farther away.