Stanford Knight-Hennessy Scholars is the largest fully endowed scholars program in the world. Every year, up to 100 high-achieving students from around the world will receive full funding to pursue any graduate degree at Stanford, including the JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MS, and Ph.D. programs, as well as all joint- and dual-degrees.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars develops a community of future global leaders to address complex challenges through collaboration and innovation.
1. Knight-Hennessy Scholars Website
- Facebook: @KnightHennessy
- Twitter: @KnightHennessy
- Instagram: @KnightHennessy
- Youtube: @StanfordUniversity
4. Areas of study
Any graduate degree at Stanford, including the JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MS, and Ph.D. programs, as well as all joint- and dual-degrees.
5. Type of Scholarship
The whole JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MS, and PhD program, as well as all joint- and dual-degrees.
During each of the first three years of graduate study, Knight-Hennessy Scholars receive:
- Fellowship applied directly to cover tuition (commensurate with standard departmental level of enrollment) and associated fees, and
- A stipend for living and academic expenses (such as room and board, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses), and
- An economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford.
- NOTE: Knight-Hennessy Scholars also may apply for supplemental funds to support academic endeavors (e.g. conference travel).
More information on the Knight-Hennessy Scholars financial support here.
- All citizens welcome: citizens of all countries.
- All Graduate Programs at Stanford; Only for Graduate Degrees: any full-time graduate degree program at Stanford (for example, but not limited to, DFA, Eng, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MS, or PhD) or if you plan on pursuing one of Stanford’s many joint- and dual- graduate degree options (for example, but not limited to, MD+PhD, JD+MA, MBA+MS).
- Other Eligibility Requirements: Beyond the eligibility requirements listed above, you are eligible for Knight-Hennessy Scholars as long as you meet the requirements of the Stanford graduate program(s) that you wish to pursue.
- First/Bachelor’s Degree Received in 2014 or Later; Enrolling at Stanford in 2019 or Later
More information on the eligibility for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program eligibility here.
9. Application Steps
a. Apply to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
- Online Application
- Standardized test scores
- One page resumé
- Two recommendation letters
- Two short-answer responses
- Video story
- In-person assessment
b. Apply to the Graduate Degree Program
Don’t forget that you still will need to apply separately to the specific Stanford graduate degree program that you want to pursue for fall 2019. The application for each program is different so you should look for it on your preferred program website.
More information on the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program Application process here.
- Application open: May
- Application closed: September
More information on the Dates and Deadlines for theKnight-Hennessy Scholars program here.
Are you interested in finding opportunities to go abroad? In the Scholarship Finder, you can discover a wide list of scholarships, work opportunities, volunteer projects, contests, entrepreneurial support, and virtual courses!
Did you like this post? Pin it! <3