Gun Fun is your best option for an indoor shooting experience in Cape Town; located right in the city center, here you will have the chance to ensure a safe, enjoyable adrenaline filled experience.
There is a large selection of guns to shoot: assault rifles, sub-machine guns, pistols, shotguns, revolvers and more. The instructors are very supportive and they show you step by step how to hold the guns, pull the trigger and try to hit the target.
This was my first time shooting guns, beginners and experienced shooters are welcome and generally, anyone can come starting from age 12. It’s a great opportunity to test your skills under close supervision from skilled instructors, I always felt safe.
Also, the fact that it is an Indoor Shooting Experience is perfect to do something fun on a rainy or cold day in Cape Town where the weather could be unpredictable.
Now, I’m going to show you how was the:
- Shooting experience
1. Shooting experience
a. What’s included?
- Protective glasses
- The target of your choice
b. Our instructor
Our instructor gave us plenty of information and mentored us throughout the shooting experience, so you can’t really go wrong. In fact, I was so happy because I was always very close to the center of the target.
- We received a safety briefing and an introduction to firearms.
- We put on the ear muffs and protective glasses (very important to wear the ear muffs because inside the shooting range the noise the noise of each shoot is so strong and potent).
- We went to the shooting range and our instructor put our target on a mobile rotatory system that adjusted it closer or farther away.
- Our instructor introduced us on how to stand, hold the gun, focus on the target and shoot; it was a different process for each gun but the instructor was very clear and patient answering all the questions we had.
- I got to shot several guns, starting with a Glock model 19 which was the easiest one being small and easy to handle and which gave me the feeling of a 007 movie.
- Then I shot an AK 47 which was a little bit heavy for me but cool because it reminded me Play Station games in which you are shooting the opponent with your team.
- And finally, a pump action shotgun which was the most difficult for me because of its weight and big size.
At Gun Fun there is a wide variety of packages that you can choose from and besides individual experiences, Gun Fun also offers team building packages perfect to have fun with your coworkers or a bachelor party.
The 007 Package
- .223 Assault Rifle (20 shots)
- The legendary Walter PPK (14 shots)
- Pump-action Shotgun (6 shots)
Save the Rhino
- Glock pistol (18 shots)
- AK47 rifle (20 shots)
- .38 special pink (6 shots)
Glock 9mm pistol pink (18 shots)
.22 LR assault rifle (20 shots)
- AK47 rifle (10 shots)
9mm pistol (18 shots)
Pump action shotgun (6 shots)
Special Forces (SWAT Package)
- .223 Assault Rifle (20 shots)
12 gauge shotgun (6 shots)
Pistol (20 shots)
Kids save the world
- .22 COLT m4 (20 shots)
.22 Pistol with laser (20 shots)
Team Building (Min. 6 pax)
- Colt AR (20 shots)
.22 Handgun (20 shots)
.22 Rifle + telescope (10 shots)
Single Firearm (Pistol)
- Choose from our list of Pistols (ammunition charged accordingly).
Single Firearm (Rifle)
Choose from our list of Rifles (ammunition charged accordingly).
Desert Eagle (Large Pistol)
- Desert Eagle .50AE (.50 Calibre) – 5 shots
Smith and Wesson
- Smith and Wesson 500SW (.50 Calibre) – 5 shots
Dirty Harry Package
- .44 Magnum cal. Revolver (6 shots)
2. Gun Fun Shop
The shooting ranges are downstairs; when you enter Gun Fun you will see an awesome shop full of guns, ammunition, equipment, souvenirs and other interesting items such as pepper spray which could be helpful for girls like me.
You can buy nice souvenirs like t-shirts and coffee mugs to take home and remember your experience.
There is a wide variety of guns on sale.
It’s very easy to get to Gun Fun! It’s located in Cape Town’s City Centre so if you are on a quick visit to this vibrant city you will very probably stay in this area and it will be very easy for you to get here. There is free parking.
Address: 57 Hout St, Cape Town City Centre (Green Market Square)
- Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:00 hrs.
- Saturday 9:00 – 12:00 hrs.
Are you interested in traveling around the world? In the Travel Section you can find detailed travel guides for different cities, touristic activities, recommendations, tips, and much more!
Did you like this post? Pin it! <3