Opportunity Desk (OD) is the largest online platform that shares information on relevant learning and growth opportunities for youth around the world. It helps young people prepare for the future connecting them with grants, scholarships, fellowships, awards, conferences, jobs, internships, and more.
These are 5 things you need to know:
- Opportunity Desk Website
- Types of opportunities that you can find
- Get some inspiration from the blog
- Get mentorship
- How to apply for opportunities?
1. Opportunity Desk Website
- Website: opportunitydesk.org
- Social Media
2. Types of opportunities that you can find
- Study Abroad
Besides searching by type of opportunity you can also search by Region.
3. Get some inspiration from the blog
Opportunity Desk also counts with a blog in which you can find:
- Young person of the month: you can read the life stories of change makers that have been helping to build a better world.
- Success stories: find successful application process experiences and advice on how to get scholarships, fellowships, grants and other opportunities.
- OD Facebook live: Past Facebook live sessions with advice on how to succeed with different opportunities.
- How to: find advice on scholarships, applications, interviews and general tips.
4. Get mentorship
The Opportunity Desk Mentorship program provides support to the people seeking advice with their applications to global opportunities.
- Who can participate? Every person applying to any opportunity published on the OD website.
- Benefits: advice and essay, resume & CV editing.
5. How to apply for opportunities?
It’s very easy to apply for an opportunity, just follow these steps:
- Select in the main menu the type of opportunity you are looking for.
- Check the characteristics of the opportunity, specifically make sure that you meet the requirements to apply (citizenship, residency, and experience).
- If you qualify for the opportunity go to its website (all the opportunities will have a link to the website of the institution that is offering them.
- Make your application: get ready and start gathering all the documents you need to apply.
- Tips for a successful application: Keep in mind that in the application process for almost all of these programs you will be asked to prove a good level of English, your academic records, letters of recommendation and your CV.
- English level: the exams that are usually required are the TOEFL iBT or the IELTS.
- Academic records: if your academic records are not in English, usually you can ask your High School or University for a translation, otherwise search for a sworn translator in your city.
- Letters of Recommendation: ask your professors/bosses to write you a recommendation letter with time to secure a quality letter.
- CV: create a good CV highlighting the achievements that are related to the scholarship. Find the best tips to write a compelling CV on this post: “How to create a professional CV that will get you the job”
Are you interested in finding opportunities to go abroad? In the Scholarship Finder, you can discover a wide list of scholarships, work opportunities, volunteer projects, contests, entrepreneurial support, and virtual courses!
Did you like this post? Pin it! <3