Are you planning to exploit the full potential of your Pinterest account and get your content to the eyes of many people with the help of Tailwind? Do you think you spend a lot of time writing quality articles on your blog and creating attractive pins but that in the end they are only published once on Pinterest and have a limited reach?
Tailwind, an official Pinterest partner, is the best tool that will let you schedule pins to have content constantly published for several months with just a few hours of work.
When I first decided to use Tailwind I didn’t know where to start because there is a lot of content on the internet explaining how to use it but it’s a bit confusing and takes a lot of time to read so I decided to make this guide that also has videos from Tailwind’s official YouTube account which were the ones that I found most useful!
- Tailwind’s main tools
- Plus Plan
- SmartLoop PowerUp
- Tribes PowerUp
- How to use each tool
1. Main Tailwind tools
Tailwind has 3 main tools:
It allows you to Pin automatically and at the best times for more engagement, reach, and website traffic.
b. Smart Loop
Add your Pins to SmartLoop once and Tailwind will re-circulate them for you indefinitely.
c. Tailwind Tribes
Find and join Tribes in 4,000+ niches to reach new audiences (they work similar to Group boards but you need to follow the rules and share content from other members on a stricter way).
The basic Tailwind Plus plan can be paid monthly or annually (if you pay annually the price will be cheaper). Then, if you want to get more out of SmartLoop and Tribes, you can buy their power-ups.
a. Plus plan
9.99 USD per month paid annually, or 14.99 USD paid monthly
- Unlimited scheduling
- 250 active SmartLoop posts
- 5 Tailwind Tribes with 30 monthly submissions
b. Smart Loop PowerUp
4.99 USD per month paid annually, or 7.99 USD paid monthly
- 500 active SmatLoop posts
c. Tailwind Tribes PowerUp
4.99 USD per month paid annually, or 7.99 USD paid monthly
- 10 Tailwind Tribes with 80 monthly submissions
Don’t hesitate and start with a Free trial that won’t have a time limit, it will give you 100 Scheduled Pins and all Features Unlocked (for Tribes you will have access to 5 tribes and 30 submissions).
Click here to REGISTER and when you upgrade you’ll get your first month free.
3. How to use each Tailwind tool
The following are the main instructions and in the end, you will see a detailed video.
a. Create your time slots
- On the “Your Schedule” section you’ll see a weekly schedule from Monday to Sunday with different boxes with time slots.
- Click on “Recreate Schedule” and select how many Timeslots you want per day.
b. Schedule your pins on the time slots
- Download the Browser extensión for Chrome, Firefox, or Mozilla.
- Schedule pins from your website, Pinterest or upload images from your computer
- Choose one or more of your boards to schedule each pin.
- Next, you’ll see a calendar with your pins scheduled.
- If you click on “Shuffle Queue”, Tailwind will randomly rearrange your scheduled pins.
- Edit the order on your calendar by selecting the images on the calendar and dragging and dropping them on different time slots.
With SmartLoops you’ll be able to schedule a group of pins into a group of boards indefinite times. For example, if you select 12 pins into 7 boards, you’ll automatically have scheduled 12×7=84 pins to be published at your desired frequency (e.g. 1 time per day). And then you can choose to loop your pins all year round or in a specific time period and you’ll be able to pause the loop whenever you like. These are the steps:
a. Select pins and boards
- Select either an Evergreen loop (reschedule Pins all year round) or a Seasonal loop (reschedule Pins between set Start and End dates each year).
- Add a name to your loop and select the boards where you want the Pins in the Loop to post to.
- Add the Pins from your Pinterest account that you want to schedule.
b. Customize the timing
- Customize your SmartLoop Schedule timing by selecting how many times per day or per week should Tailwind pin and how much time should Tailwind wait before publishing the same Pin to a different board to ensure that you don’t post the same content back to back to close together.
- Add Board Rules (for example: don’t post more than 2 pins per day).
c. See your calendar and performance
- See your calendar, the pins scheduled with SmartLoop will have a sign in the top right and their color will indicate the loop they belong to.
- Pause loops whenever you want to.
- See the loop performance (number of repins, and how many repins/pin).
- Edit if necessary (you can also delete pins, edit their description, etc. after you have finished).
3.3. Tailwind Tribes
There are 3 main sections for Tribes:
a. Your Tribes
- See the tribes you are part of with their main description, rules (e.g. share 1 pin for every pin you add), statistics (re-shares and repins), and Tribe Members (user name and 2 numbers indicating the pins that the member has submitted and the pins that the member has saved on her/his Pinterest boards). Follow the rules because your numbers are shown to the tribe owners.
- Submit your own content TO a tribe: select a blog post image or an image from Pinterest and click on the Tailwind extension button, then click on “Add to Tribes”, and select one or more tribes.
- Share content FROM a tribe to your Pinterest account: select one of the pins of the tribe, add a board name and add it to the queue.
b. Find a Tribe
- Type a topic in which you’d like to pin content. You’ll see a list of tribes with the number of members and share score.
- Join public open tribes.
- Request to join private tribes.
c. Create a New Tribe
- Type a name, add a category, make it public or private, and add a description and rules.
- Invite new members
I hope that this post was useful! If you have questions please leave a comment.
In the Work Abroad section, you can find more experiences earning internships and full-time job positions abroad! If you had a similar experience and want to inspire others to apply please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you like this post? Pin it! <3