Tailwind is the best tool that will let you schedule pins to have content constantly published for several months with just a few hours of work. It’ll Pin automatically and at the best times for more engagement, reach, and website traffic.
In this post, I’m going to give you a step by step guide on how to schedule your pins.
This is a summary of the most important:
- Step by step guide
- Explanatory video
- Best Practices
- Advantages and disadvantages
1. Step by step guide
Basically you need 2 basic things to schedule your pins:
- Create your time slots
- Schedule your pins on the time slots
a. Create your time slots
1. Click on “Publish” -> “Your Schedule”: you’ll see a weekly schedule from Monday to Sunday with different boxes with time slots. These are the specific times when your pins will be published. When you created your account, Tailwind created a “smart schedule” based on your analytics.
2. Click on “Recreate Schedule”: you can select how many Timeslots you want per day.
*Tip: the most successful accounts on Tailwind publish 15-25 Pins/day on average.
3. Add new Timeslot: at the end of each day you’ll be able to click on “Add Timeslot” and create a specific time slot which will be shown in grey (not green)
Note: suggested Timeslots are in green with dotted lines.
b. Schedule your pins on the time slots
4. Browser extension: download the Chrome, Firefox, or Mozilla extensions (depending on the browser you use) to help you schedule your pins. Click on “Publisher” -> “Drafts” and you’ll see the tabs at the top. After you download it, you’ll see a new button on the top right of your browser bar.
5. Schedule pins from:
- Your website (or another website): go to the blog post, click on the tailwind button in the top right, and select the image(s) that you want to schedule.
- Pinterest: go to your Pinterest board, click on the tailwind button in the top right and select the pin(s) that you want to schedule. Note: you can also select a pin by passing your mouse on top of the image and clicking on the tailwind icon.
- Your computer or Instagram: you can upload multiple images from your computer at once to quickly create pins in bulk. After uploading the images you’ll be able to add titles, descriptions, and URLs. Additionally, you’ll also be able to upload images from Instagram.
6. Click “Go Schedule” and add boards: choose one or more boards for each pin and also edit the pins (if you want to). You can select your own boards or group boards. If you type a board name on “Add Board to all” this board will get all the pins. Otherwise, you can also type specific board names to each pin.
Note: Tailwind will also tell you if it’s a duplicated pin on a board and when was the last time you pinned it.
7. Click on “Schedule All” and see your calendar: On the next page, you’ll see on the right a calendar with your pins scheduled.
Note: all pins will be scheduled on your time slots but you can also select a specific date and time when you want them to be published.
8. Click on “Shuffle Queue” (if you want to): will randomly rearrange anything that you have added to your queue. Note: the pins you could have scheduled for custom times won’t move but if you want them to move, you can also click on “With to Auto-Queue” and they will move with the other pins. The same can be done backwards to add a custom time to an Auto-Queue pin.
9. Edit the order on your calendar: simply select the images on the calendar and drag them and drop them to different time slots.
2. Explanatory video
The following video is from the official Tailwind account on YouTube:
3. Best Practices
- The most successful accounts on Tailwind publish 15-25 Pins/day on average. Read more HERE.
- Publish more “fresh” Pins relative to duplicates to maximize your reach and traffic potential. You can create different versions of pins with different images for the same blog post.
4. Advantages and disadvantages
- You can schedule a lot of pins quickly and save time.
- When you familiarize yourself with the platform it’s very easy to use.
- If you want to follow group board rules (e.g. don’t post more than 1 pin per day) you’ll have to manually check every day of your calendar to check that the rules are followed.
- You can’t select sections on boards to schedule your pins. This is a disadvantage when you want to pin to group boards (for example, you won’t be able to pin to Board: Europe -> Section: Germany, your pin will be published on the general board feed).
The basic Tailwind Plus plan can be paid monthly or annually (if you pay annually the price will be cheaper). Then, if you want to get more out of SmartLoop and Tribes, you can buy their power-ups.
Plus plan: 9.99 USD per month paid annually, and 14.99 USD paid monthly
- Unlimited scheduling
- 250 active SmartLoop posts
- 5 Tailwind Tribes with 30 monthly submissions
Don’t hesitate and start with a Free trial that won’t have a time limit, it will give you 100 Scheduled Pins and all Features Unlocked (for Tribes you will have access to 5 tribes and 30 submissions).
Click HERE to REGISTER, you’ll enjoy your free month, and then when you decide to upgrade you’ll get a 15 USD discount.
You may also be interested…
If you want to know more about SmartLoops and Tailwind Tribes, you can read this blog post: “Tailwind 101 for beginners: step by step guide to using this Pinterest scheduler tool”
In the Work Abroad section, you can find more experiences earning internships and full-time job positions abroad! If you had a similar experience and want to inspire others to apply please send an email to email@example.com
Did you like this post? Pin it! <3