Find and join Tribes in 4,000+ niches to reach new audiences. They work similar to Pinterest Group boards but you need to follow the rules and share content from other members in a stricter way.
In this post you’ll learn the most important on how to use the Tribes:
- Step by step guide
- Explanatory video
- Best Practices
- Advantages and disadvantages
1. Step by step guide
Click on “Tribes”: you’ll find 3 main sections:
- a. Your Tribes
- b. Find a Tribe
- c. Create New Tribe
a. Your Tribes
1. Your Tribes: you’ll see the tribes you are part of with:
- Their main description
- Rules (e.g. share 1 pin for every pin you add)
- Overall statistics of the tribe (re-shares and repins)
- Your results (re-shares, repins, and reach)
- Tribe Members (user names and a number in grey indicating the pins that the member has submitted to the tribe and a number in green indicating the number of pins that the member has saved on her/his Pinterest boards).
Follow the rules because your numbers are shown to all the members, also tribe owners and they can take you out from a Tribe if you don’t follow what they have indicated.
2. Submit your own content TO a tribe: select a blog post image or an image from Pinterest and click on the Tailwind extension button, then click on “Add to Tribes”, select one or more tribes and click “Add to Tribe”.
*Note: if you don’t know how to download an extension button, first read the blog post “Tailwind 101 for beginners: step by step guide to use this Pinterest scheduler tool“
3. Share content FROM a tribe to your Pinterest account: select one of the pins at the right and add a board name, edit any details and click on “Add to Queue”, then the pin will be added to your queue and pinned in the future. You can also click on the clock icon and select the day and time you want to schedule it.
b. Find a Tribe
- Type a topic in which you’d like to pin content: You’ll see a list of tribes with their number of members and share score.
2. Join public open tribes.
3. Request to join private tribes: After clicking “Request to join” you’ll be able to leave a message.
c. Create New Tribe
1. Type a name, add a category, make it public or private, and add a description and rules.
2. Invite new members.
2. Explanatory video
The following video is from the official Tailwind account on YouTube:
3. Best Practices
- The most successful accounts on Tailwind publish 15-25 Pins/day on average. Read more HERE.
- Publish more “fresh” Pins relative to duplicates to maximize your reach and traffic potential. You can create different versions of pins with different images for the same blog post.
4. Advantages and disadvantages
- When you familiarize yourself with the platform it’s very easy to submit your pins to tribes and save other tribe member pins.
- The basic plan Includes Access to only 5 Tailwind tribes and 30 monthly submissions which is not enough.
Tailwind Plus plan costs 9.99 USD per month paid annually, and 14.99 USD paid monthly and comes with
- Unlimited scheduling
- 250 active SmartLoop posts
- 5 Tailwind Tribes with 30 monthly submissions
The following are the prices of the Plus Plan + Tribes PowerUps:
In the Work Abroad section, you can find more experiences earning internships and full-time job positions abroad! If you had a similar experience and want to inspire others to apply please send an email to email@example.com
Did you like this post? Pin it! <3