This 14 of September the annual “Day at the Duck Race” event will take place at Essere Lodge in Tulbagh. It is a fun family day in which rubber ducks will be raced down the Little Berg River. If you participate and your duck is the first one that arrives at the finish line, you will win 5,000 ZAR.
Proceeds from the money raised will go to CHAIN, an animal rescue organization, for the sterilization of 100 animals.
Now I’ll tell you 5 reasons why you should go to this event:
- You can win 5,000 ZAR in prize with only 50 ZAR
- Help CHAIN animal rescue organization
- Enjoy live music + wine + food + kids’ entertainment
- Get to know Essere Lodge
- Explore Tulbagh
1. You can win 5,000 ZAR in prize with only 50 ZAR
The event involves adopting toy rubber ducks that will be raced down the Little Berg River. The foster parent of the winning duck will receive 5,000 ZAR in prize money stakes for the race.
- Duck adoption: R50.
- You don’t have to be there to win, you will be notified if you win.
- There will be a kiddies race for massive big prizes for kids under 12.
- Kiddies race is at 11:00 and the Main race is at 13:00 hrs.
- The more ducks you have the better chance of winning.
2. Help CHAIN animal rescue organization
Give a Duck!!! Funds will be donated to CHAIN to sterilize 100 animals in Tulbagh.
Community Helping Animals in Need Boland (CHAIN Boland) officially launched in early 2010 and is an NPO that is active in the towns of Tulbagh, Ceres, PA Hamlet, Op die Berg and Wolseley. They rescue, foster and re-home animals and where possible assist with medical care.
3. Enjoy live music + wine + food + kids’ entertainment
4. Get to know Essere Lodge
The event will take place at Essere Lodge, which is a tranquil country lodge perfect for group and family celebrations, weddings, retreats and relaxation (it has the wonderful Time2Me spa).
The river Little Berg River is located very close so it’s perfect to walk few meters and see the races. BTW you should dress for the races and gumboots are essential to walk by the river. Take advantage of the event and plan a cute outfit!
5. Explore Tulbagh
Tulbagh is very nice and I enjoyed visiting its wineries and restaurants. It’s located only 125 km away from Cape Town which is a 90-minute drive.
In the post “5 places you should visit at Tulbagh” you can find my favorite sites.
You can visit all of them the same day – just make sure you come with a designated driver because there will be lots of wine involved :p.
- Day: Saturday 14 of September 9:00 to 15:00 hrs.
- Location: Essere Lodge
- Entrance fee and an adopted duck: 100 ZAR
- Kids under 8 years: free
- Duck adoptions only: 50 ZAR
*Disclaimer: this is a sponsored post but all opinions are my own.
Are you interested in traveling around the world? In the Travel Section you can find detailed travel guides for different cities, touristic activities, recommendations, tips, and much more!
Did you like this post? Pin it! <3