The Australia Awards – Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are the Australian Government’s competitive, merit-based scholarships and fellowships providing opportunities for overseas citizens to undertake study, research or professional development in Australia, and for Australians to do the same abroad.
There are different Scholarships and Fellowships available depending on the level of studies that you want to take:
- Masters or PHD: Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship.
- A Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree: Endeavour Vocational Education and Training Scholarship.
- Short-term research towards Masters, PhD or Postdoctoral research: Endeavour Research Fellowship.
- Professional Development towards your career: Endeavour Executive Fellowship.
Australia (if you are Australian you can study abroad)
You can study in any Australian University (if you are Australian you can study in a university abroad).
4. Areas of study
Any area. The Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are merit based, however, final selection may target specific participating countries and regions to support Australian Government international education and research priorities and emerging bilateral education and research relationships.
So you may look at the Australian Government international education and research priorities to decide which course or research would be more convenient for you tu study.
5. Type of Scholarship
Depends on the level of studies:
- Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship: up to 4 years.
- Endeavour Vocational Education and Training Scholarship: up to two and a half years.
- Endeavour Research Fellowship: short-term research (4-6 months).
- Endeavour Executive Fellowship: professional development opportunities (1-4 months).
All recipients will receive:
- Travel allowance: $3,000.
- Establishment allowance: $2,000 (fellowships) or $4,000 (scholarships).
- Monthly stipend: $3,000 (paid up to the maximum category duration on a pro-rata basis).
- Health insurance: for the full category duration (OSHC for international recipients).
- Travel insurance (excluding during program for international recipients).
- Tuition fees: paid up to the maximum study/research duration on a pro-rata basis (see tables below).
To be eligible to receive an Endeavour scholarship or fellowship, applicants must:
- Be aged 18 years or over at the commencement of their program.
- Commence their proposed program after 1 January of the next year and no later than 30 November of the next year.
- Provide all relevant supporting documentation.
- Not currently hold or have completed, 2 years ago, an Australian Government sponsored scholarship and/or fellowship (directly administered to recipients by the Australian Government). A list can be found here.
- Not apply for a category in which they have already completed an Endeavour scholarship or fellowship.
- Be a citizen and/or permanent resident of a participating country:
- Americas: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela.
- Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China (People’s Republic), Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea (Republic of Korea – South), Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam.
- The Caribbean: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago.
- Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (including Reunion), Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland).
- Middle East: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
- Pacific: Fiji, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federated states), Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand* (including Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau), Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna.
9. Application steps
Once the application period is open, an application can be started by registering on Endeavour Online. Instructions can be found here.
You’ll have to fill in the online application and upload the supporting documentation, which is the following:
- Application opens: mid-year (around April).
- Application closes: mid-year (around June).
Are you interested in finding opportunities to go abroad? In the Scholarship Finder, you can discover a wide list of scholarships, work opportunities, volunteer projects, contests, entrepreneurial support, and virtual courses!
Did you like this post? Pin it! <3