As an undergraduate or graduate student, you can study for an exchange semester or year in Austria with the Ernst Mach Grant. Check in this post the 10 most important things you need to know for the application process!
Also, you can read about my experience winnning the Ernst Mach Grant and spending 6 awesome months in Vienna in the blog post: How to win the Ernst Mach Grant for a semester or year abroad in Austria
1. Scholarship Website
Any Austrian Universitie of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschulen). For more information please access http://www.fachhochschulen.ac.at/
4. Areas of Study
- Natural Sciences
- Technical Sciences
- Human Medicine
- Health Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Social Sciences
5. Type of Scholarship
4 to 10 months
1) Monthly grant rate 1,050 EUR
2) Accident and health insurance, accommodation
3) Recipients of grants are exempted from paying tuition fees.
4) Recipients of grants from non-European developing countries will also receive a travel costs subsidy up to 1,000 EUR maximum upon presentation of original documents.
- Be original from one of the following countries: Afghanistan; Algeria; American Samoa; Angola; Antigua and Barbuda; Argentina; Armenia; Australia; Azerbaijan; Bahamas; Bahrain; Bangladesh; Barbados; Belize; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Botswana; Brazil; Brunei Darussalam; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cabo Verde; Cambodia; Cameroon; Canada; Central African Republic; Chad; Chile; China; Colombia; Comoros; Congo; Congo - Democratic Republic of the; Costa Rica; Cote D'Ivoire; Cuba; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Fiji; Gabon; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Grenada; Guatemala; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Iran - Islamic Republic of; Iraq; Israel; Jamaica; Japan; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Korea - Democratic People's Republic of; Korea - Republic of; Kuwait; Kyrgyzstan; Lao People's Democratic Republic; Lebanon; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Madagascar; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Mali; Marshall Islands; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mexico; Micronesia - Federated States of; Mongolia; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nauru; Nepal; New Zealand; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Oman; Pakistan; Palau; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Qatar; Rwanda; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Sao Tome and Principe; Saudi Arabia; Senegal; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Singapore; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa; South Sudan; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Suriname; Swaziland; Syrian Arab Republic; Taiwan; Tajikistan; Tanzania - United Rebublic of; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tonga; Trinidad and Tobago; Tunisia; Turkmenistan; Tuvalu; Uganda; Ukraine; United Arab Emirates; United States; Uruguay; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Venezuela; Viet Nam; West Bank and Gaza Strip; Western Sahara; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe
- Eligible for application are students who
a) are studying a master Programme at a university in one of the above-defined countries of origin or
b) are studying a Bachelor Programme at a university in one of the above-defined countries of origin and have successfully completed at least 4 semesters of studies by the time of taking up the grant.
- Maximum age: 35 years.
- Language: proficiency in the language of instruction (German OR English), particularly in the respective subject area, is a prerequisite.
9. Application steps
The following documents have to be uploaded with the online application at www.scholarships.at:
• Two letters of recommendation by university lecturers. For these letters of recommendation no specific form is required; they must contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the university / department and must not be older than six months at the time of application.
• Confirmation of the home university that the exams passed in Austria will be recognized by the home university (e.g. a learning agreement).
• Confirmation of acceptance as an exchange student or free mover from the University of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschule).
• Scan of your passport (page with the name and photo).
• Scan of a current Transcript of Records.
Application open on: October